2007-05-21

Experimenting with Digg


I would like to experiment a bit with Digg.

Here is a short description about Digg from Wikipedia:

Digg is a community-based popularity website with an emphasis on technology and science articles, recently expanding to a broader range of categories such as politics and entertainment. It combines social bookmarking, blogging, and syndication with a form of non-hierarchical, democratic editorial control.

News stories and websites are submitted by users, and then promoted to the front page through a user-based ranking system. This differs from the hierarchical editorial system that many other news sites employ.

What I'm trying to do is integrate some Digg functionality into my site. There should be a Digg button below this post. Please feel free to help me a bit, because the help I found on the net is a bit foggy.

Added later:
First the button did not work. The link pointed to the main page instead of the article. I found out, that the problem was, that Blogger inserts a <br /> tag instead of every newline character. Because the script contained several newline characters, the javascript was filled with HTML code.
So I solved the problem by removing all the newline characters from the inserted script.


No comments: