2011-09-07

Firefox middle click tab opening not working

Since yesterday I cannot open a new tab by middle-clicking or Ctrl-clicking on a link in Firefox. I tried a lot of things to get rid of the problem (restart browser, restart computer, disable plugins installed lately) but nothing worked.

Disabling Tab-Mix-Plus made the issue go away but it turns out that Tab-Mix-Plus wasn't the (only) cause. To fix the problem download the latest Greasemonkey version 0.9.11. This makes the issue go away and you can continue using Tab-Mix-Plus.

Happy as a clam.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

On my side the problem seemed to be the fact that I updated my Firefox to the latest version (6.0.2). Anyway, updating the Greasemonkey as you suggested solved the problem.

Thnx,
Roland

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the suggestion, this was quite annoying ;)
for me it was the firefox 6.0.2 and and GM 0.9.10 issues too.

And updateing to the not approved yet Greasemonkey 0.9.11 fixed the issue =)

Unknown said...

I made the IT department change my mouse and it works. The middle click.
I swearz....