2013-09-28

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL BSOD

In the last days my computer became unusable and restarted every 5-10 minutes with a blue screen of death displaying the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL (netio.sys) error.
I am using Windows 8 and I have narrowed down that the error only occurs when uTorrent is running.

Troublefixers.com finally offered a usable solution and I want to spare others from going through all the bull$hit that websites make you do. They urge you to refresh all of your drivers (after downloading crap from the hells of the internet), start Windows in safe mode and all of that useless nonsense.

In my case the cause of the problem was Teredo tunneling. Everything got back to normal after I have executed the following command line in admin mode:

netsh interface teredo set state disabled

No comments: