2020-11-22

How to train above level 30 in "Yendorian Tales 3 - The Tyrants of Thaine"?

Problem

In Yendorian Tales 3, The Tyrants of Thaine I cannot train above level 30. The only potential trainer seems to be the one in the keep, but he does not yet accept me.


Solution

I went through the following steps

  • Opened the save file with a hex editor
  • Searched for "1E" hex value (meaning 30 in decimal, as in level 30 of one character), changed it to "1F" (decimal 31)
  • This increased the level of one of the characters to 31 (mine was the 4th character)
  • Loaded up the save-game, went to the trainer in the keep. The trainer unlocked something, because I could trained one of the level 30 guys to 31 (in my case the 1st character), then saved
  • With the editor I decreased the artificially increased level of the 4th character back to 30. Loaded up the game and proceeded normally

Source

I am not sure, but I might have downloaded the game from DOS Games Archive.

Before you play this, you should definitely check out Yendor 2

No comments: